SUEZ environment group / ONDEO in the Czech Republic

Contacts

SUEZ Water CZ, s.r.o.
Španělská 10 • 120 00 Praha 2

phone: +420 222 251 581-2
fax: +420 222 252 434
e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Video

Ostravské vodárny a kanalizace

The company Ostravské vodárny a kanalizace a. s. (Inc.) originated in 1992 after the privatization of the state-owned company Severomoravské vodovody a kanalizace without subsequent ownership. In 1994 the French company Lyonnaise des Eaux (today SUEZ Environnement) entered into the company, and is now the major shareholder. Another big shareholder is the City of Ostrava.

The business strategy and targets are aimed at meeting the company’s priorities. Among them there are still the effective management, operation and development of the leased technical infrastructure under the principles of a customer-friendly company according to strict quality standards.

OVAK supplies 301 thousand inhabitants of Ostrava with quality drinking water. 65 % of it is bought from SmVaK Ostrava. It is surface water coming from the dams of Moravian-Silesian district. The remaining 35 % is covered by its own production from the underground sources located in the area of Ostrava. The annual production of drinking water from underground sources amounts to around 7 - 8 million m3.

The company has 383 employees, and manages 1,039 km of water networks and 854 km of sewerage networks.

The total volume of delivered water is 16.2 million m3 and the company’s turnover is more than 1 billion Czech Crowns.

OVAK’s mission is to run and maintain the infrastructure property, the water and sewerage networks, to look after the continuous supply of drinking water to all customers in the area of the town of Ostrava, and at the same time to carry out the sewage and follow-up waste water treatment.

Since 2005 the company Ostravské vodárny a kanalizace a.s. (Inc.) has been one of the water operating companies in the Czech Republic that match the requirements of the management integrated system according to the standards ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 for these areas:

  • quality management system,
  • environmental management system,
  • occupational safety and hygiene management system

Logo Ostravské vodárny a kanalizace

www.ovak.cz

Motto: ‘In the focus of all OVAK’s activities there is a customer - the only qualified quality critic’.